Microfluidic wound healing & migration assay: automated, miniaturized and integrated screening platform
We have developed a method capable of mechanically inducing circular cell-free areas within confluent cell layers using a pneumatically-controlled membrane deflection/compressi on method.
Despite the wide-spread use of migration and wound healing assays, to date no satisfactory technological solutions are available that allow for the automated, miniaturized and integrated induction of highly reproducible wounds. We therefore developed a lab-on-a-chip capable of mechanically inducing circular cell-free areas within confluent cell layers using a pneumatically-controlled membrane deflection/compression method.
Bilder & Videos
1. Creation of high reproducibility circular cell-free areas using cell depletion approach
2. Creation of high reproducibility circular cell-free areas using cell exclusion approach
3. Integration of planar pneumatically-actuated membranes
4. Repeatable mechanical wounding of the same area without removal of ECM coating
5. Limited number of injured cells along the edge of the cell-free area
6. Removal of cell debris during wound induction
7. Fully automatable, miniaturized and integrated membrane deflection/compression method with controlled pressure profiles
- Toxicity tests
- ADME studies
- Compound screening
- Drug development
StichworteWundheilung, Zellmigrationstest, Zellausschluss Methode, Zellabtötungsmethode, Mechanisches Stempeln, Mikrofluidik