Plasma S100P & Hyaluronic Acid Level as Prognostic & Treatment Monitoring Markers for Metastatic Breast Cancer
The present invention comprises the use of two serum/plasma markers for stage discrimination and prediction of survival as well as treatment response in breast cancer patients. Test statistics show that these markers outperform established ones like the number of circulating tumor cells (CTCs).
Marker approved and verified in studies of 320 (S100P in combination with HA) and 334 (HA only) patients with different disease stages.
The technology describe two serum/plasma markers, in combination or alone, for stage discrimination and prediction of survival as well as treatment response in breast cancer patients. Test statistics show that these markers perform better than established ones like the number of circulating tumor cells (CTCs).
Bilder & Videos
- Discrimination between metastatic and non-metastatic breast cancer AUC of ROC curve = 0.85 .
- Marker for diagnostic, prognostic and treatment monitoring of metastatic breast cancer .
- More accurate prediction of progression-free and overall survival than presence of CTCs.
- More accurate prediction of treatment response than presence of CTCs.
Common ELISA technology has been used for detection of hyaluronic acid and S100P in plasma of breast cancer patients.
Publikationen & Verweise
- S100P and HYAL2 as prognostic markers for patients with triple-negative breast cancer. Maierthaler M. et al. Exp Mol Pathol. 2015 Aug;99(1):180-7. See at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=26112095
- Plasma Hyaluronic Acid level as a Prognostic and Monitoring Marker of Metastatic Breast Cancer. Peng et al. Int J Cancer. 2015 Dec 19. See at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=26686298
Weitere Information zum Herunterladen
- 256 Ki
StichworteDiagnostics, Research Tools