Antisense Circular RNA as Therapeutic Compound for Treatment of Covid-19
A new artificial circular RNA prevents SARS coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) from replicating in infected cells.
The new SARS-CoV-2 has made the disease Covid-19 a pandemic with effects on all aspects of human life by spreading rapidly across the whole world. Despite the immense progress in the treatment of Covid-19 patients in recent months, there is an urgent need for effective and well-tolerated therapeutic options, alternatively to the current mRNA-based and other vaccination strategies.
Bilder & Videos
The new circular RNA enables specific binding and inhibition of SARS coronavirus 2 and thus opens up new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of Covid-19. This mechanism of action can effectively prevent and treat infections with SARS-CoV-2.
- The new circular RNA is much more stable than the corresponding linear RNA.
- Circular RNA is designed to bind specifically to sequence-conserved regions of SARS-CoV-2 genome and subgenomic RNAs.
- Circular RNA can easily be synthesized in preparative amounts and introduced into cells.
- Therapy of Covid-19
- Early prevention of infections by SARS-CoV-2
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) after contact with Covid-19 patients
On behalf of its shareholder Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen TransMIT GmbH is looking for cooperation partners or licensees for further development in Germany, Europe, US, and Asia.
TransMIT Gesellschaft für Technologietransfer mbH
Kerkrader Str. 3
- EP anhängig
StichworteCircular RNA, Covid-19, Therapy, Coronavirus, Compound, Post-exposure Prophylaxis, SARS-CoV-2