Easy and reliable detection of mold in indoor air
We develop a novel device for detecting mold in room air by directly probing the spore contamination from the air sample. The device consists of a carrier with a nutrient-covered surface accessible to the room air. At defined sampling intervals, the carrier surface is illuminated with a suitable light source and a reflection and/or transmission measurement carried out. The sensor data is converted directly into information about possible mold contamination and provided to the end user, e.g. via an app on a mobile device. After the measurement, the carrier is conveyed a predetermined distance automatically within the sensor device, thereby enabling a quasicontinuous detection of mold in the ambient air.
The sensor device can be implemented in public or private buildings/rooms cost-effectively, and provides immediate information about the current mold infestation and, in particular, opens up the possibility of ensuring the longest possible measuring operation, from several weeks, months to years, in a measuring operation that is as self-sufficient as possible, without requiring any maintenance measures of the device itself.
- Direct sampling of mold spores in indoor air
- Easy use - can be employed by end users
- Cost- and energy efficient
- Very compact setup
- Real-time data
- Monitoring of mold infestation in public buildings
- Mold testing in private rooms
- Monitoring of critical areas, e.g. hospitals
- Protection of cultural assets
- General indoor air monitoring
- DE 10 2020133992 A1 anhängig
- EP 21215470.2 anhängig
StichworteMold Monitoring, Environment monitoring, sensor