A new technology to fix and weld thin foils without laborious and expensive fixtures.
The Central Institute for Engineering, Electronics and Analytics (ZEA) Engineering and Technology (ZEA-1) at Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH developed a new technology to fix and weld thin foils without laborious and expensive fixtures.
The technology has been tested for welding operations at Forschungszentrum Jülich. Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH is looking for a cooperation to realize ideas for an extended application and further development of the fixing method.
Images & Videos
A good welding result depends for a great part on exact and tight fixing of the parts to be welded:
- Fixing of thin foils with clamping-claws and –bars is very difficult
- Fixing of thin foils and thin sheets on thick parts demands special clamping device
- Fixtures for 3-D geometry welding are very laborious and expensive
- The usage of an adhesive tape for fixing the parts to be welded can be a sufficient fixture for welding operations of thin foils and pre-welding (tack-welding) of thin sheets
Scope of application
- Foil- and thin sheet- welding operations especially in 3-D geometry
If you have questions about the technology please refer to:
Dr. Wilfried Behr
Central Institute for Engineering, Electronics and Analytics (ZEA-1)
Phone: +49 2461/61-2156
Proof of concept
- WO 2015188800A2 pending
Keywords3-welding, foil, thin sheet, adhesive tape
Offer at Providers website